Transhipment hub & multimodal connectivity
Autoterminal Barcelona is the vehicle logistics platform for Mediterranean countries and the rest of Europe. Located in the Port of Barcelona, Autoterminal Barcelona is the intermodal transport centre for vehicles by sea, rail and road.
COST & TIME REDUCTION
- Important reduction in Transit Time from Far East to final destinations in Europe using Barcelona instead of North European Ports
- Important cost reduction (Logistics costs, financial costs, etc..) compared to North European Ports
- Existing Rail corridor between Barcelona and Central Europe (Balance of volumes & competitive cost transport)
- Export & Import cargo ensuring high capacity & competitive truck transport
CONNECTIVITY, FLEXIBILITY & CAPACITY
- Best multimodal options for final distribution to Europe (Rail, Short Sea, Truck)
- Guaranteed total needed stock for the European Hub volume in a variable way
- Existing regular direct calls from Far East to Barcelona
- Existing Short Sea routes from Barcelona with rest of Europe and Mediterranean area
- No congestion in Autoterminal Barcelona (Berth capacity, Storage , Train, Truck…)
- Technical Center providing all added value services
- The Port of Barcelona is free of chemical & environmental pollution
- 100% consumed electricity comes from renewable energy
- Important reduction of CO2 emissions by strengthening use of rail
- Reduction of CO2 emissions by using Barcelona as POD of Far East production vs. North Europe
- EMAS, ISO 14001 certifications, best environmental practices implemented with Port Authority
Connections between the main ports situated in geographical Europe or in the coastline on the enclosed seas bordering Europe.
|Cyprus / Malta|
|Ukraine (Black Sea)|
Main routes connections between Autoterminal and North Europe, Far East, Middle East, America, South Africa and Autralia.
|South Africa & Australia|
Port of Barcelona has three railway stations, one of them in the premises of Autoterminal Barcelona, and one with european gauge rails.
|Valladolid / Palencia|